PoetryFilm at Laugharne Castle, June 6-8, 2014
PoetryFilm has partnered with the Laugharne Castle Poetry and Film Festival.
Taking place within the ‘timeless, beautiful’ setting of Laugharne Castle in southern Carmarthenshire, the Laugharne Castle Poetry and Film Festival will unfold over the long weekend of Friday 6 June – Sunday 8 June 2014.
Marking the centenary year of Dylan Thomas’s birth, our exciting and innovative festival programme will include:
- A special outdoor screening of the 1972 film Under Milk Wood, starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor – presented by Chapter Arts Centre within the atmospheric castle walls
- An introduction and Q&A session with the film’s director Andrew Sinclair
- NEW programmes of the best selected contemporary poetry and film from around the UK
- A stop-motion animation workshop for young people
- Printmaking workshop
- Poetry readings and talks
During the lead-in to the event, we have also involved three schools in a poetry project based on Thomas’s ‘Poem from October’, working to produce a new series of digital media projections that will be shown during the festival.
The Laugharne Castle Poetry and Film Festival has been jointly organised by Cadw, Chapter Arts Centre, the artist Paul Evans, Longbarrow Press, cultural producer Sara Unwin, Filmpoem and PoetryFilm. Supported by Film Hub Wales. Further details of the programme are available here.