MIX 2017: Revolutions, Regenerations, Reflections
I am delighted to be co-curating the poetry film programme for Mix Conference 2017 at Bath Spa University, 10-12 July 2017.
After the success of the last three MIX conferences, MIX 2017 returns to Bath Spa University’s Newton Park Campus. Bath Spa University is the UK’s foremost provider of creative writing programmes at undergraduate, masters and PhD level and MIX is well-established as an innovative forum for the discussion and exploration of writing and technology. MIX has attracted an international cohort of contributors from the UK, Australia, and Europe as well as North and South America. MIX is now situated within the recently created international research centres, Making Books: Creativity, Print Culture and the Digital, and the Media Convergence Research Centre.
The themes for this year’s conference are revolutions, regenerations, reflections. We would like to encourage artists/poets and digital writers to submit poetry films/ film poems/ video poetry to be screened during MIX in our Viewing Theatre at Newton Park campus.
The films will be selected and curated by Lucy English, Reader in Creative Writing at Bath Spa University, and Zata Banks, founder of PoetryFilm research art project https://poetryfilm.org
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILMS
Short films should be submitted via email using a direct link to Youtube, Vimeo or an open link to Dropbox or WeTransfer. The email subject line should read ‘Your Name; Poetry Film Submission’ and the body of the email should include a 50-word description of the film. Maximum 2 submissions per artist, these can be sent in the same email. This email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 1st March.
VIEWING THEATRE TECH SPECS
4K HD projector and 5.1 surround sound
- Poetry films/ film poems/ video poetry up to 3 minutes.
- Submitted via email using a direct link to Youtube, Vimeo or an open link to Dropbox or WeTransfer.
- Email subject: ‘Your Name; Poetry Film Submission’; and the body of the email should include a 50-word description of the film.
- No more than 2 submissions per artist, these can be sent in the same email.
- Films must relate in some way to the conference’s themes: Revolutions, Regenerations and Reflections.
- English language or with English language subtitles.
- Deadline: Wednesday 1st March 2017.
If you would like to attend the conference please follow this link: http://bit.ly/2jYh2hr