The Zebra Radioeins Prize awarded to Self-Evident Things by Piotr Bosacki
I was delighted to be invited to be a Jury Member and invited to award the Radioeins Prize at the Zebra Poetry Film Festival. Below are the comments I made before announcing the winning film and awarding the Diploma to Self-Evident Things by Piotr Bosacki.
The film was chosen on the basis of a majority vote by the audience jury team and the film was chosen for a number of reasons:
- For the strength and quality of a profound philosophical poem exploring the big questions about the human condition
- For its balance of rational and emotional, art and science, logic and feeling, mathematics and poetry
- For its kinetic visual metaphors alluding to the machines and systems of the body, as well as to the machines and systems of society, nature, and the world in which we live
- For its simultaneous timelessness and importance in the modern world today
- For its simultaneous complexity and simplicity
Zata Kitowski awarding the Radioneins Prize Diploma. It was received by Boris Nitzsche from Literaturwerkstatt Berlin on behalf of Piotr Bosacki.
Film still from Self-Evident Things / Rzeczy Oczywiste by Piotr Bosacki.